Hylox soft chews: Overview
Manufactured by Pet Health Solutions®, Hylox soft chews is a veterinary strength nutritional joint supplement for dogs. It helps to support joint mobility and bone structure.
Hylox soft chews: Details
Hylox provides enhanced antioxidant protection and Omega-3 fatty acids. In addition to glucosamine HCI, Hylox contains hyaluronic acid, a natural substance which helps lubricate and cushion joints. Dosage begins with ½ chew in the morning for dogs up to 15lbs and increases depending on dog size with a maximum of 3 chews in the morning and 2 chews in the evening for dogs over 100lbs. This dosage should continue to be administered for 6 weeks or until an improvement in symptoms can be seen in which case it can be reduced. The product is available in 60 and 120 counts per container.
Good about Hylox soft chews
- Contains Hyaluronic acid which Pet Health Solutions claim may produce results not seen from product containing only Glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Claims that an improvement in symptoms can be seen immediately in some dogs or within 6 weeks.
- Hylox is good for dogs who currently have joint problems or it can be used as a preventative measure.
- Can be administered with other medications such as Rimadyl and may help to reduce the need for these medications.
- Tablet can be given directly or crumbled into food.
- Comprehensive manufacturer website including FAQ, testimonials and specific information for veterinarians.
Bad about Hylox soft chews
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been confirmed.
- Product is only available from veterinary.
- Improvement in symptoms may take up to 6 weeks however may also be seen as early as 2 days.
This product claims to be less expensive than other glucosamine, chondroitin products yet it contain higher levels of these ingrdients than competitor brands. Interstingly the manufacturer website recommends the use of its Joint Max product line for moderate to severe signs of canine arthritis although Hylox is also advertised within their joint auplpement range. It may be worth comparing the ingredients between Hylox and the Joint Max product line if you are considering purchasing from this company.